Saturday, January 28, 2012

choosing to serve

My school has service projects planned for our class throughout the year.  I think my favorite service project will always be working at the food drive at my friend's church.  We helped give hundreds of people clothes, food, toys for their kids, and tell them about the love of Jesus Christ.  We have so much fun serving others and joking with each other.  On the last service project I brought my camera with the solemn vow to take pictures and not worry about if I disturb someone with my shutter or the simple fact that I have a big camera pointed at them.  I want to learn to take pictures of real moments, not something staged like mine so often are.  The results were beautiful.  

"For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me...Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me."
Matthew 25
The feet of a servant comes in many sizes.

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."





And while blessing others, we laughed until our sides hurt.

We showed our love for really big glasses.

And passed it on.

Even teachers got in on the fun.

And me of course!

I praise God for the opportunity I have every year to touch a person's heart with His love.  I come back so blessed when I serve.  And serving with some of my favorite people on the earth makes it even more of a blessing.








1 comment:

Lhen said...

such fun pics. :)

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected